Film Reviews-THOR: THE DARK WORLD (2013)
Summary: When Thor’s love interest gets cursed with a powerful object, Thor must protect it before an army and it’s ruthless leader try to get their hands on it to take over the remains of Earth.
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Natalie Portman as Dr. Jane Foster
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Anthony Hopkins as Odin
- Stellan Skarsgård as Dr. Erik Selvig
- Idris Elba as Heimdall
- Christopher Eccleston as Malekith
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Algrim / Kurse
- Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
- Ray Stevenson as Volstagg
- Zachary Levi as Fandral
- Tadanobu Asano as Hogun
- Jaimie Alexander as Sif
- Rene Russo as Frigga
I hate this film for many of the same reasons that Iron Man 3 bothered me. The biggest similarity in terms of what I didn’t like is at what point was Thor actually going to be the hero? Thor sucked so bad in this film it’s ridiculous. I’m glad that they found a good Loki in Tom Hiddleston but I didn’t show up at the theater to see, Loki: The Dark World. I came to see Thor: The Dark World. Loki carried this entire film. Had he not been part of the main plot this may have been one of the worst films i’ve EVER seen.
Malekith was an extremely lack luster villain and the thing with the Aether just gave the writers a reason to bring Jane Foster back into the picture who at this point I could really care less about. Thor is the god of Thunder and seeing what he can do, I assume Jane knows that. This bitch actually had the nerve to be mad because Thor didn’t contact her? What type of arrogant shit is that? Pretty much anything in this film that doesn’t involve Loki is incredibly boring and a waste of my time.
- The film looks stunning if nothing else. They really put these environments together. I’m still not a fan of the more futuristic Asgard but it looks great for what it is.
- Although I still don’t like the fact that Heimdall is played by Idris Elba I was excited when he actually did something for a change.
- I don’t like how heavy the Loki appearance was but Tom Hiddleston is REALLY good in that role.
- The part that sucks about how Thor was written initially is that the writers have to continue to fit in Thor’s love for Jane Foster and what i’ve learned from watching many different superhero related films is relationships are boring and a waste of my time.
- Thor was very unimpressive in this film
- Malekith was so weak as the antagonist that he was easily overshadowed by Loki
I give this film a
4.9 out of 10
This actually made me laugh. I think I was more than happy to be seeing Loki: The Dark World and didn’t really take notice of how meh the rest was. Never liked Natalie Portman or her character, so I mostly skipped parts with just her/ her and Thor anyway.